Successfully Met Tier 4 Final Compliance for Mobile Towable Generators
A multi-national equipment manufacturer was looking for a controls partner who could help them stand out from the competition. Their generator division was rapidly growing and they hoped to continue that growth with a new control solution partner that could adapt to the new Tier 4 Final engine families. More importantly, they wanted a partner that could work alongside its engineering group and be part of the deployment team.
THE BIG CHALLENGE
Industrial Engine Equipment OEM’s are responding to stricter emission and faced with the task of adapting more complex controls solution in a digital environment where ease of use, reliability, adaptability are keys to product and equipment success. They needed to adapt and standardize their control solutions to a unified platform over its broad range of mobile towable generators to meet Tier 4 Final emission requirements, while maintaining the same level of reliability, ease of use and ruggedness they had with their previous platform.
Partner Growth Strategy:
- Work over the long term to standardize controls solution
- Work with its generator division as it grows
- Become part of the manufacturer’s strategy to stand out from the crowd
- Move from Tier 4 Interim to Tier 4 Final regulations to satisfy EPA deadlines
- Start the relationship with the new Tier 4 Final models
- Standardize on a single robust family of control solutions
Easy to Use:
- Move from analog gauge instruments to digital
- Require a powerful and configurable solution
- Must be simple enough to use by non-technical users
THE CONSULTATIVE PROCESS
DynaGen™ coordinated a webinar introducing the customer to its TOUGH Series™ of control solutions. They facilitated an installation of a controls solution wired to a live engine in the customer’s test lab which enabled the customer to see a real system wired, configured, programmed, and fully operational. This on-the-fly, proof-of-concept built confidence that the TOUGH Series controller was the right solution. Engineering support provided during the prototyping and development stages allowed the customer to provide continuous feedback and DynaGen engineers worked alongside the customer to maximize the solutions value in the overall system.
Several key innovations resulted from the collaborative effort which proved to be a differentiator on the complete mobile towable generator system. A few of the key differentiators were:
- SCR after-treatment systemand the capability to ensure continuous operation 24/7 and continuous supply of Urea.
- Unique and novel methods to protect engine turbo in cold weatherstarting climates.
- J1939 high level capabilities, expanding the capabilities on remote connectivity.
- HMI implementationwhich encompasses after treatment system for both SCR, DPF, DOC and combination systems.
THE BEST SOLUTION
The TOUGH Series™ TG410 controller provided a simple, easy-to-use solution that was reliable and highly configurable with innovative features that provided differentiation for the customer. Through a collaborative development process, the customer was able to fully integrate the TG410 into their design, eliminating unnecessary components and increasing overall reliability with lower production cost. Remote management by wireless telemetry simplifies service on complex Tier 4 Final engines. The controller is having a positive impact on the customer’s bottom line with significant reductions in repair, replacement, and maintenance costs. The controller’s industry-leading 5-year warranty provides peace of mind to both the equipment OEM and the customer.
In a collaborative effort, the TOUGH series controller was also tested to environmental limits well beyond the product specifications, as was indicated by one of the lab staff “The TOUGH Series TG410 controller was difficult to destruct”.
Visit our website to learn more how Cattron solutions can help you streamline your operations. www.Cattron.com