Cattron™ Expands Locomotive Remote Control Portfolio to Include a Variable-Speed, FRA-Compliant Solution for Class II and Class III Railroads
March 16, 2020
Cattron™ has expanded its portfolio of wireless connectivity and control solutions to include the Transport VS™ locomotive remote control system.
Transport VS is a variable-speed, FRA compliant solution designed for Class II and Class III railroads with key features that include:
- Patented dynamic speed control capability to allow operators to set fixed speeds during
- Feature-rich OCU-III (Operator Control Unit) for use by
- Single enclosure for reduced space requirements inside the cab of the
- Compatibility with Tasverii™ locomotive analytics software which provides in-depth insight to operational performance of the
- Safety features such as tilt detection, man-down radio broadcast, direction of movement protection, vigilance, and wheel slip detection.
- Compliance with US 49 CFR 229.15.
- Frequencies available in the US: 217-222 MHZ and US/Canada: 450-470 MHz
“The addition of Transport VS to our portfolio gives Cattron a solution that better serves the needs of Class II and III railroads.” says Ryan Wooten, CEO of Cattron. “Transport VS leverages the proven technology found in our Class I rail offerings and combines it with our existing Transport product line giving Cattron a solution to meet the diverse needs of freight rail operations across North America.”
Transport VS is one of three offerings in Cattron’s Transport™ product line which includes Transport TC™ and Transport QC™ for plant rail operations. Transport TC is a compact system that includes a single, fixed enclosure inside the cab with built-in single speed control. Transport QC is a quick connect, portable system that enables plant rail operations to easily swap the remote control system between locomotives.