Cattron Celebrates 75th Years of Innovation and Customer Satisfaction
June 1, 2021
Since 1946, Cattron has been on the move. The company has experienced 75 years of progress serving thousands of customers from many different markets in over 50 countries around the world. Its innovations have adapted to massive technology leaps, in parallel with enormous shifts in market dynamics and customer preferences. Deep technical expertise mixed with practical experience has continued to propel the business forward in the form of technology innovation and customer success.
Here are just a few of Cattron’s remarkable accomplishments over the years.
- Cattron pioneered radio remote control for freight locomotives in the railyard with systems like Accuspeed, Beltpack, EC/LO and MP-Series with the introduction of the first radio remote control system in 1977.
- Cattron assumed a strong leadership position in the material handling market with its acquisition of the industrial wireless remote controls division of Motorola and then strengthened that base through strategic acquisitions of Telemotive, Theimeg and Remtron.
- It operated as a subsidiary of a public company, Laird Technologies, for eight years where it was able to maintain an established legacy customer base.
- Reinvented itself as Cattron in March of 2019 when it announced to the world that Laird Controls was now Cattron again.
- Made purposeful acquisitions of companies, like LOFA Industries, Antx and DynaGen Technologies to unify unique products into a powerhouse portfolio of intelligent, connected solutions.
A 75 year anniversary is a monumental milestone for any company. The team will spend this month reflecting on Cattron’s legacy, its present and looking toward the future. The global team will participate in various celebratory activities and recognition events throughout the month. Customers and partners are invited to join contest and celebrate with us on LinkedIn.