Underground Mining Wireless Remote Control - Load Haul Dump Machinery
Underground mining operations in hard rock environments.
Finding a solution to help operators retain control of the vehicle movements and maintain visibility of the machine while keeping workers safe is a challenge. As the tunnel sections of the mine are being developed, material is removed with a Load Haul Dump (LHD) machine.
However, due to long or curved tunnels, operators have difficulty keeping the machines in their line of sight. Additionally, operators face higher risk in this environment until the tunnels are fully developed and secured.
Implementing a wireless remote control system equipped with a portable video system on the LHD machine enables operators to see the bucket operation even when the machine is not in their line of sight.
- The PVS800 system includes cameras mounted on the LHD machine and a portable video monitor mounted on the controller.
- The separate radio communication link allows the operator to control the machine and view images sent from the machine as far as 500feet /150meters away and in curved tunnels.
- The PVS800MF and wireless remote control system are configured with frequencies to allow for multiple systems to operate in the same area without interference.
- The PVS800 monitor and wireless remote controller are battery operated and can last an entire shift before being recharged.
- The rugged construction of the system ensures reliable operations despite harsh operating environment.