VisiTek™ Asset Tracking of Rented Compressors at a Papermill
Global equipment rental company with a large fleet of mobile equipment made available to industrial customers.
The company has a fleet of mobile equipment to rent out to customers, in this instance, compressors to a paper mill for use in their manufacturing process.
Several incidents have occurred where the compressors have been stolen from equipment yards and job sites or misplaced in large, sprawling customer facilities.
The rental company was looking for a cost-effective way to track equipment utilization for automated rental billing and gain the ability to track and locate missing assets.
By attaching a VisiTek™ asset management solution to the compressor before sending it out to the paper mill the customer enables the rental company to track the unit's location at any point in time. The RemoteIQ™ dashboard provides insights on how the equipment is being utilized and allows customers to set up geofences for enhanced tracking capabilities.
VisiTek trackers can be installed in as little as five minutes and enable:
- Alerts if the equipment leaves the area
- Theft prevention and recovery
- Equipment utilization and engine hour reporting
- Rugged Enclosure - IP67 rated enclosure keeps out dust and water
- Battery - Four AA lithium batteries last multiple years and are replaceable in the field
- Alert Notifications - Receive text or voice alerts when equipment enters or exits user- defined geofencing boundaries
- Tracking - RemoteIQ offers user-friendly graphics and intuitive maps to manage and track equipment
- Communications-4G LTE-M cellular communications. Cellular and Wi-Fi triangulation backup when equipment is indoors or undercover
- Security - End-to-end data encryption for secure transmission and storage
- Tracks engine hours and equipment utilization using an onboard accelerometer